It has been revealed that Alessandro del Piero has a knee injury and has not yet been cleared to play for Juventus.
The Bianconeri legend had been training with his club’s squad at the end of the season but it has now been confirmed that the midfielder is likely to miss the rest of the campaign.
“The doctor has told us that the AC Milan player is out of the Juventus squad,” Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta said in a statement.
“There is no reason to assume that he will be available to play in the first week of the new season.”
I’d like to thank Alessandro for his work in the last year, and hope that he recovers soon.
“We will keep an eye on the situation.
It is very important for the team, and we want to make sure we can prepare him to return in the summer.”
The 25-year-old was due to undergo a diagnostic scan on Friday to confirm that he had not sustained a medial ligament tear.
Alessandro del “del” Piero, a former AC Milan midfielder, has never played for the Bianconeros and was part of the squad that won Serie A last season.